Monday, October 8, 2018

The Newest Boyd Lady

If you paid attention to the blog this summer (and really, why wouldn't you?), then you know that this past June we had an addition to the family when Paul married Shelby.

We asked Shelby if she wanted to join us in blogging, but for now she's decided to pass. So instead, we decided to officially introduce her to our readers by interviewing her. Kylee, Stephanie and I each came up with a bunch of questions which Shelby graciously answered. Well, she answered most of them.

So with questions and answers in no particular order of importance, let me introduce you to Shelby Boyd:

1. What has been your favorite date so far?

Horseback riding in the mountains of Kentucky. That was also the date where we first said, "I love you".

2.  What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas. It's the one time of the year where everyone is happy and all the family is together.

3.  How many kids do you plan to have?

Eight. I know everyone thinks we're crazy, but that's okay.

4. What is your favorite hobby?

Anything that lets me work with my hands! Whether it be in the kitchen or some kind of project around the house.

5.  What is something that Paul does that drives you nuts?

***Let the records show that this is a question Shelby didn't answer. We'll check back with her in a couple of months. I'm pretty sure she'll be able to answer it by then.

6.  What's your favorite meal to cook?

Roasted chicken with roasted vegetables.

7. Have you botched a meal since you've been married?

Yes! I decided to change things up and use a new seasoning ... let's just say that I won't be using it again!

8. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

About an hour to an hour and a half, depending on what I decided to do with my hair. LOL

9. Are you a morning person or a night owl?

I used to be a night owl, then I went to college. Now I'm some kind of permanently exhausted pigeon! LOL

10. Which of the seven dwarfs do you most identify with?

Definitely Bashful.

11. How do you like the north so far?

It's different lol. This time of year seems to be very gloomy.

12. What did you think of the Boyd family when you first met them?

WOW!! That's a lot of personality in one room!

13. What did you think of Paul when you first met him?

Wow! He's handsome ... he has a wonderful personality too, and did I mention how handsome he is?

14. What was it like going from one sister to now a bunch of annoying brothers-in-law?

Well, it really wasn't that hard to adjust to lol because I have six male cousins that I'm very close to.

15. If you had $500 to spend on yourself (no bills and nothing for hubby) what would you spend it on?

Animals! Specifically turkeys ... or maybe a puppy. It's a difficult decision ... but definitely something animal related!

And there you have it. The woman Paul married. We're all getting to know her better, and she's fitting right in. She and Paul are already expanding their family ... they bought some fish this past week.

So, got any questions for Shelby?


10 comments:

  1. Poor girl! If she thinks this is gloomy wait till she meets Michigan In February!!! 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...this isn't gloomy yet. Lol. That stretch from December thru mid April is gloomy, cold and looonnnggg!! But in between at rare moments there is some beauty in the snow and ice 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's your favorite brother-in-law?
    🍍

    ReplyDelete
  4. What has surprised you most about being married/married to a Boyd? (It doesn’t have to be something bad as we all know the honeymoon phase is still in effect)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how busy life is when you're married to a boyd.... there's always something to do, somewhere to go. Lol

      Delete
  5. By admitting you’re bashful, do you think you will ever get a word in at the holiday family gatherings? 😜 Lol jk my REAL question is, how long does it usually take for you to get out of the bashful phase with people? I’m not shy at all, so I’m just curious 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can take months sometimes even years for me to truly come out of my shell.

      Delete
  6. Turkeys? Is there a story there?

    ReplyDelete