Friday, February 8, 2019

Have a Little Faith

Lately, in my devotion time, the topic of faith has popped out at me quite a bit.  I've been reading through Matthew, and there are so many times when people came to Jesus to be healed. His response was similar in many of those cases...

In Matthew 8, the Centurion came to Jesus to have his servant healed. He asked that Jesus heal his servant without even going to the centurion's house. He believed that if Jesus just spoke the words, that the servant would be healed. Jesus said in verse 10: "...I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel." and then in verse 12: "... Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee."

In Matthew 9, the woman with the issue of blood believed that if she could just touch the hem of his garment, then she would be healed. Jesus said to her in verse 22: "...thy faith hath made thee whole.".

Then in the same chapter, two blind men came to him wanting to be healed. Jesus asked them in verse 28, "..Believe ye that I am able to do this?". When they answered yes, He told them in verse 29, "...According to your faith be it unto you.". 

In Matthew 15, a Canaanite woman asked Jesus to heal her daughter who was possessed with a devil. She was not an Israelite, and the Lord told her as much. She told the Lord that even the dogs (such as her a Canaanite)  eat the crumbs which fall from the master's table. In verse 28 Jesus said to her, "...O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt.". 

Also, throughout the book of Matthew, Jesus rebukes his disciples with "O ye of little faith" and "wherefore didst thou doubt?". In chapter 17, He says "...If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." 


A lot of times, we pray and ask for things, but do we really expect an answer? Do we really expect God to handle the situation or provide for the need?  I was reading in a devotional book, Delight Thyself Also in the Lord from Delight Thyself Ministries, about this very topic; and the author made a simple statement that hit me hard. "God will meet you at your expectation." 

So, where is your expectation??

3 comments:

  1. Love that phrase... "God will meet you at your expectation". I need to hang that on my fridge. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read that in my devotions as well from the same book and shared it with a family member. Thank you for the reminder that God meets my needs and my expectations because I have faith in who He is! Love you Steph!

    ReplyDelete