Friday, February 15, 2019

The Things They Say

It's always been said that if you want the truth, you should ask a child. My children are no exception. Especially my oldest. They are just full of "truth", and you never know what they will say. I've been keeping things written down lately.


  • When telling me about a show. "Mom, there was a unicorn. His name was unicorn, and he had a unicor..... a.... a.... well, a corn on his head."
  • "Mom, he doesn't need that toy because he has a MINILLINION!!" (That's million if you didn't catch it. 
  • "Mom, your belly is squishy. Do you got another baby in there?"  Thanks a lot, kid.
  • A visiting pastor asked my oldest "Are you a Diva?".  "No, that's not my name." He then told her, "I like your bracelet. You look like a million bucks."  She looked at him confused and said, "I'm not money." He replied, "but that's a compliment." She was almost hurt now and said, "I'm not a compliment, either." 
  • In learning a new language I occasionally try to talk with the kids and share the words we know. My son told me the other day, " Mom, stop. You don't know howa speak Pochageeze". They're just so brutally honest. 
  • The other day, one of my kids said, "I need a shower because I smell like poop". I asked why and they said "because I played with my poop".  Oh....dear.... 
  • We were making chocolate milk one morning and I was asked, "Mom, where did you put the cow sugar?" speaking of the chocolate powder.
  • My daughter had a tape measuring and was measuring my son's height. She looked at the tape measure and said, "wow, you are worth 20 reais!" . That's only like $5 after the exchange rate. 

And for your morning cuteness. 

They actually asked to match that day. 


so, what is the strangest thing you've heard this week??





6 comments:

  1. When we told Ashlyn that I was going to have two babies she excitedly said “TODAY?!” Um, no...I’m not showing THAT much at 8 weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our church had its valentine banquet tonight, and I did the nursery. Somehow the kids started talking about boogers and one of the girls proudly announced, "My dad made me eat mine once!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Customer at my work... "I havent received my bank statement for the last 3 months.So I called the Wisconsin State Attorney Generals Office and told them I think there is a conspiracy between my city and the City of Milwaukee to not deliver my mail. They told me they didnt know about any conspiracy. I think they must be in on it too.".... I was speechless! ha

    ReplyDelete