Friday, February 1, 2019

Free Fun Filled Family Festivities!

Yes, I know, that title is dorky, but once I got started I couldn't stop!

Since our language classes have started, we are constantly on the go and sometimes I worry that our kids feel left out. When we're home the day is cleaning, cooking, laundry, homework, and stopping amidst all of that to take care of the kids. Then on the days we have class we whisk them off to the babysitter's (who is wonderful and tries to make sure they have fun and are tired when I get back), and then rush off to class and come back half brain dead from trying to wrap our heads around this new language.

 The kids have been craving some special mommy daddy time. So, we've been trying to do special things with them, and I'm learning that to a child, special doesn't have to be huge. Their absolute favorite thing is when one of them gets to go with dad to run errands. It's just "dad and me" time. Last time was our son's turn and our daughter has been reminding him ever since that she gets to go next! 

They also love movie nights. Last week, I made popcorn (on the stove, the way it should be made!), and we watched a movie that they picked. It ended up being Monsters University, not my personal favorite, but they loved every second of the time. We cuddled, ate way too much popcorn, and they considered it special mommy daddy time.

Another thing they like to do... well, they say they like to do, is take walks. Usually, I take the older two on a walk and daddy stays home with the baby. They love it when I say "let's take a walk", but after about 5 minutes they start asking to ride my shoulders and one of them tells me his legs are broken and he just can't walk anymore.
This was after one of our recent walks. Doesn't he look thrilled. I told him his legs weren't broken and that he had to walk the rest of the way home. Broke his little heart. 

We also do the occasional front yard picnic. 

Our most recent family activity was washing the car and scrubbing out the garage. What??? We made our kids work as an activity?? The horror! Guess what.. they loved it. They got to spray the hose at each other, at us, and even at the baby who was not happy about it. They got to play in a bucket of soapy water and slosh it wherever they wanted without getting in trouble. Hubby and I did most of the actual washing of course, but they had a blast, and they were quite wore out afterwards. Which is always a plus right before nap time! 





That's what we've been up to lately, and most of it hasn't cost a dime. What are some things you and your family do together?  

3 comments:

  1. We just began playing board games together one night a week. Hubby also hooked up his Wii and we all have been enjoying playing Mario Kart together as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like to go to the zoo! A membership has paid for itself many times over! ...ok to be honest, I... me.... like to go to the zoo daily (if i could) while hubby tolerates it for my sake. haha But it is good exercise and we enjoy being together.

    ReplyDelete