Wednesday, July 18, 2018

My Man, Matt


It has been a little over 8 years since I went to my first Vacation Bible School. It was a special one in that, it was the first time Matt had invited me to spend time with him and his family.  Yes, it’s such a busy time but he had told his parents he wanted me to come during VBS so that I could see what his family was all about.  I was nervous simply because I had no idea what to expect. Prior to me coming to that VBS, Matt was threatened informed that he isn’t to be distracted or flirt, he still had to do his job. So he took that to the extreme and during VBS hours he basically ignored me. No one at the church even knew I was there for him until we sat together at church Wednesday night.


He was the emcee (and still is) for Vacation Bible School which means I got to see a side of him that I clearly hadn’t gotten to see yet. We had just met one month before so I only knew what I got from our phone calls.  As he led an auditorium full of kids being “all in” and goofy, I couldn’t help but to watch in adoration.  He truly enjoyed what he was doing and made sure the kids were having a great time.

The end of the week had approached and I knew that Matt was the one for me. 

The next year we weren’t together for VBS but that’s because we were 2 weeks away from our wedding. However, each year since then I’ve gotten the opportunity to work beside him and that’s not something I will ever take for granted. It has been interesting and exciting learning how to work together to make things happen and I love that we’re on the same team.

To this day and each year I still love watching him lead VBS. He is goofy and patient. His smile is infectious and his love for the Lord is admired.  Not to mention, he has awesome costume choices. I’m blessed to have him as my husband!



2 comments:

  1. He does such a good job. You both do. I’m so proud of y’all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwe 💜 good story! And you guys make vbs rock!

    ReplyDelete