Monday, July 23, 2018

Yard Sale!!!

   Is it just me, or do you not realize how much you are attached to things until you try to get rid of them? We're having a yard sale this weekend, and this isn't a "clean out the attic of everything we haven't used in years" kind of yard sale. This is a "Get rid of everything that's not going to Brazil" kind of yard sale.  I'm not really a sentimental person, but getting rid of everything all at once is proving to be harder than I thought.

  There are things in my house that were obviously never going to Brazil with us, but they're decorations or things we use often and so it just wasn't something I thought about. Then I'm walking through the house looking for things to price and sell this weekend and it's "oh, yeah, I have to say goodbye to that too."

  Toys was the first things to go. The kids are down to around three toys a piece. YAY!!  And you know what, they have actually been playing with those toys, as opposed to dumping all the toys in the floor and not being able to find anything to play with.

  Side Note: I realize that I ended that last sentence with a preposition, but I think the correct grammar would be "with which to play", and who even talks like that?? 

  I've also had Woody's panic scene from Toy Story 2 going through my head for the last week.
"YAARRRDDD SAAALLLEEE. GUYS THERE'S A YARD SALE OUTSIDE!!"

  I'm also trying to come up with some eye catching signs for our yard sale. Let me share a few that I've found. 
  Nothing like using the force on them. 

Or having Batman invite to the yard sale. I would probably go to one if they had this sign. Just out of pure curiosity. 

This is also one that would spark my curiosity. Simply because they were creative with the sign. Even if it ended up being grannies old "collectibles", it'd be worth a stop. 



   That's all I've got for ya, because I have to go through the rest of my house. I'd love any suggestions for yard sale signs! And if you live in my area and are interested in coming, message me on Facebook (actually mom's Facebook) or Instagram and I'll give you my address. 



2 comments: