Wednesday, July 4, 2018

When On Vacation

After the Boyd wedding festivities this past weekend, Matt and I got to take our girls on vacation. This is the first time we have gone as a family away from home other than to visit my family, so we were really excited!

We were blessed to be able to spend time at this beautiful cabin in North Carolina.


As this was the first time away, I've learned some things while being gone.

1. It's always good to keep "special activities" a secret from your kids until you are about to do them to save yourself from a million questions.


2. Always pack for an adventure. You never know when your husband will want to take a spontaneous hike to a waterfall when your wearing sandals and a denim skirt. It was worth it, isn't this a beautiful picture?

3. Always pack extra hair bows, so when you hear "my hair bow broke", you don't go in panic mode that one child does not match the rest. (okay, this is probably just me and my O.C.D, but I know I'm not alone!

4. We have seen A LOT of cows... with that came a lot of questions...

5. Don't spoil yourself with a bigger bed than what you have at home because it's too hard to go back to something smaller.

6. Stella got a small spider on her hand for a brief second until I flicked it off of her because she said it wasn't "shoo-able".

7. Expect someone to get hurt. This time it was me! Talia and I fell on a rock in the creek. The result: a bruised and swollen knee!

8. We are for sure "inside people".

I'm sure I've learned more than that but we've been having to much fun to keep track of everything. We have really been enjoying our family time. Here are a few highlights.











7 comments:

  1. What great pictures! Looks like y’all are having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...love it!! Looks like a good time!! So glad y'all were able to get away! Great pics❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys are having fun! One question though, Talia looks almost frightened in one of those pics lol what happened??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because she didn't want to cross rocks and water to get to where we had that picture taken,1 minute after that photo was taken, she and I fell in the water!

      Delete
  4. Your girls are absolutely beautiful. Glad y'all had fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy these times with your kiddos because they grow up way to fast. Our family vacations are some of our fondest memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time! We are looking forward to the next one already!

      Delete