Wednesday, July 11, 2018

This one time, before VBS...



We are less than a week away from our Vacation Bible School for this year, so in celebration of that I thought I would share a not so funny then, but oh so funny now story from our prep week a couple of years ago.


Everyone who is involved or has been involved with VBS knows that there is so much that goes into making it happen. It take several weeks preparation but the busiest week of all is the week just before. I believe it was in 2016, we were doing our Superhero theme. Each year my husband and I do the backdrop for our platform. This particular year we chose something with a lot of detail, but I was up for the challenge.



Each year we try and go bigger and better than the year before. I say we had succeeded with this one! 


Aside from all the painting and assembling that we had to do with the backdrop, there was so much more we had to get done. We were going into the church early and were working late hours each night that week. Plus our girls were 2.5, 18 months and we had just had Olivia 2 months before. So the one word I would say to describe how I was feeling was pure exhaustion, I can remember being too tired to even move after we got home each night.


On Thursday that week we had a lot of last minute things to do, we were there until probably 9 or 9:30 that night  and we were loading up to leave. My husband asked me to grab his wallet for him, so I sat it on top of the car to buckle in the babies and then I got in the car. We were running to grab something to eat because we hadn’t gotten dinner yet. We pulled out of the church parking lot, made it to the stop sign and made a turn on to the main road by the church. We heard something. As we were turning I forgot that I had left my husband’s wallet on top of the car. I’m sure you can guess what happened, but as we turned onto the road the wallet fell off the car and the cards inside scattered all over the road. Mind you this road is not well lit. We pulled over and we both got out to look because it also isn’t a very busy road but we were going off of the flashlight off of our phone. The entire time we were looking I was apologizing because it was a stupid mistake and I was terrified that my husband was going to be mad.  


Thankfully we found everything that had fallen out. We did end up with a few very cracked cards but that's better than being lost, right? 

So far this year, I'm tired but not to the point of forgetting things.. so I guess you could say things are off to a good start! 

4 comments:

  1. Y'all are doing a great job on the back drop this year! You have definitely outdone the last few years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter what happens behind the scenes, you guys are always doing a top notch job! Thanks for all you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that the theme this year is not super hero's! At least my inner Princess gets a chance to show through without really admitting I want to feel like a Princess! #Bestweddingbackdropever

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always turns out amazing ❤

    ReplyDelete