Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Kindergarten Round- Up


It seems like just yesterday this beautiful baby girl came into our lives and we were learning to be parents. Then, BOOM -- She is five and starting Kindergarten. 


What I didn't realize was just how fast those five years would go, I mean she's not a baby anymore.

Just the other day I was walking her to Sunday school and she was a few steps ahead of me and she turned around to me and said, "It's okay mom, I can do it by myself."  I wanted to cry right there in the hallway. I fought back my tears as I told my husband what she had said. Mocking me with fake tears he said, "Oh, no she's leaving for college and it's just so sad."  My sadness ended quickly as I realized we were standing by two mom's who were taking their kids to college that day and were actually saying "see ya later" for a few months. Thankfully for us that is awhile down the road, but for now...

My big girl is starting Kindergarten!!! 

Tomorrow is her first day. Well our first day. I don't actually have to let her go just yet. We have chosen to embark on the journey of home schooling. I'm really looking forward to having this one on one time with her and I think she is, too. She has been counting the days until her first day and is so eager to start! She is so excited to learn and I love that about her. She is smart, caring, motherly, spunky, funny, and we have no doubt she is going to do great things in her life. I know it's kindergarten but I'm feeling slightly nervous, as this is new for the both of us. Please pray for us as we start this journey.

Question: Do you have any advice for a first time homeschooling mom?

2 comments:

  1. You will both do great! The only advice I can give is embrace and enjoy every single beautiful and bittersweet moment of them growing up, yes it happens too fast but every phase is lovely as they grow into the person God wants them to be.... From the momma who cried last night because her lovely baby girl has been at college for a whole week now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are days when I look back on the last 17 years of homeschooling and wish I could start all over again with the knowledge I have now about my kids. Enjoy every single minute and don't let the bad days get you down.

    ReplyDelete