Friday, August 3, 2018

The Best Month

"I can't believe it's August already!"

Admit it. You've already said that, haven't you? I know I have. Pretty much every time I've had to write the date on something.

I think August tends to be neglected as far as summer months go. June has the excitement of school being out and summer just beginning. July has ... well ... the Fourth of July. It's hard to compete with that. Especially since August doesn't even have a holiday. Well, except for tax-free back to school shopping weekend.

August may not be the most spectacular of months, but it's got a few credits under it's belt. According to the internet, August is--

Admit You Are Happy Month
Audio Appreciation Month
Cataract Awareness Month
Catfish Month
National Eye Exam Month
Family Fun Month
Get Ready for Kindergarten Month
Goat Cheese Month
Happiness Happens Month
National Back to School Month
Panini Month
Peach Month
National Picnic Month
Romance Awareness Month
Sandwich Month
Water Quality Month
What Will Be Your Legacy Month

--among others. I just like August because it's my birthday month. And once you get to be an adult, your celebrating is no longer limited to the actual date. I've already gotten emails from Kohls, Meijer, Ulta and a few other places gifting me with extra reward points, free mascara and some other goodies for my birthday. I should be able to get a gift or do something to celebrate almost every day this month.

In the meantime, tell me which of the above titles you intend to use to celebrate August. Goat Cheese Month? Gonna celebrate by scheduling a check up with your eye doctor for National Eye Exam Month? (You wild thing, you!)

You can also drop a comment telling me where you get the best birthday freebies. I'm always game for expanding my celebrating horizons.


6 comments:

  1. I'll skip the goat cheese!!!...but will totally go for Peach month and Romance Awareness!! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. We’re celebrating “Family Fun Month” by taking a family vacation to Branson for a week and then down to Arkansas to see extended family members for half a week! My hubby’s Birthday is also at the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking "water quality month" that sounds exciting! 🤷‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandwich month sounds pretty good😋

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happiness happens month sounds like a great way to forget that it's national back to school month. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd go for the "Admit You Are Happy Month" but it's a little hard when your neck deep in getting ready to go back to school!

    ReplyDelete