Friday, August 17, 2018

There He Goes Again!

One of the most annoying things about raising children is that they grow up.

I mean, you'd think that's the goal. It is the goal. After all, I don't want a forty-year-old son living in my basement.

But still, the growing up thing can be difficult. Because once they grow up, they have the nerve to get lives of their own.

All that care and effort I put into raising them, and then they decide to go live their own life. I mean, is that fair?

They do crazy things like, get married.

Move to another country.

Go off to college.

That last one they do at the end of every summer. Just when I'm getting used to having them around, they take off again and I don't see them until the holidays.

Rude!

At any rate, this guy is headed off to college for his sophomore year so I'm asking you, what advice do you have for him?

And by all means, your advice does not have to make sense. After all, my grown kids rarely do.

2 comments:

  1. Call your mother and text your mother!! It will probably lead to your favorite meal and dessert made just for you everytime you come home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever you do, don’t go proposing to a pretty gal! (🤫 don’t tell your mom I said this but “some” people in your life may not handle it well anytime soon! 😆)

    ReplyDelete