Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Things You Should Never Say or Ask A Pregnant Woman



The last couple of weeks in Junior Church some of the kids have come up to me and asked me if I had a baby in my stomach. I'm not sure if they are just now paying attention or if I'm just now really starting to look pregnant? Either way, it got me thinking about things that people say to pregnant women and have said to me in the past.

My momma always taught me that if I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I know for some people that is a real challenge. It doesn't hurt to take a few extra seconds to think of how you could say or ask something a little nicer.

If you're pregnant, have been pregnant or related to someone who has been either, know that there are some things you should avoid asking or saying to that person.

1. You are Huge!

2. You still haven't had that baby?

3. Are you sure there isn't more than one in there?

4. You look tired!

5. You're having another girls? Your poor husband!

6. You must be uncomfortable!

7. Have you not figured out how you got like that?

8. Look at that bump! (While touching your bump). Um, excuse me..If you didn't put it there please do not touch!

9. When you're near the end of the pregnancy and you attend church.."You're still here?" Obviously...

So, next time your around someone who is expecting take a second to make sure you're not about to say or ask one of these things.

So what about you, has anyone asked you an annoying question while pregnant? Have you said anything embarrassing to someone who is expecting?



6 comments:

  1. I've asked you and Steph if y'all are having twins on a couple of occasions... Those moments did not end in a happy way... I learned my lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “You’re only four months? You look a lot further along than that!”

    Btw, that person is no longer living.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even understand how I stopped up right here, but I thought this post was good.
    I do not understand who you're but definitely you're going to a famous blogger should you aren't already.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sort of off topic but, When are you due? ( not currently pregnant) I legit had a discussion with a lady in Sears about how yes I do have two children, but no I'm not pregnant just fat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was pregnant with my son 19 years ago, I was about 5 months along when I went to the doctor for a check up. My husband at the time saw a female he knew who looked about as far along as I was. We started talking to her and finally he asked her when she was due. Her response “I had my baby 5 months ago!” Ugh, talk about awkward! I have resorted to just avoid too many questions if you don’t know the momma very well 😊 btw, you look great kylee and your energy level and patience is admirable! I can’t wait to meet your beautiful new baby girl!

    ReplyDelete