Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Where is our Faith?


How many of you worry about different things in your life whether it be your spouse, your children, your finances, people in your church or events going on in your ministry? I think that would probably be the majority of us. How many of you would say that you have put your fear of things in front of your faith?

Psalm 118:6 The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

Psalm 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

Recently, there was something we were working on for our church. There were a couple of different times concerning this event that we had wondered if it would even be worth the money or the time. We worried about the attendance, money, and everything falling into place. Where was our Faith?

Oftentimes we forget to pray and ask God for guidance and wisdom in whatever situation we are dealing with.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Jeremiah 32:27 Behold I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?

God already knew what we wanted and what we needed, but how can He give provide it for us if we don’t ask Him for it?

It was a Wednesday that we had been worried about all of these things, and It wasn’t until I was reminded that we just needed to pray and ask God for what we needed. The very next day He showed us in two very big ways that He can provide, we just have to give it to Him. God is good, All the time!

Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

So, next time you fear that you may not be able to pay your bill on time, or whatever the situation is where you might find yourself putting your fear before your Faith, remember to do one simply thing: Pray! Pray and ask God for Wisdom and Provision.

Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Do you have a time that you can think of that you put your Faith in front of your fear and God provided?

10 comments:

  1. Great post! And Jeremiah 32:27 is one of my favorite verses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, that was me both this summer and last summer. I wasn't sure how Good was going to provide for me so I could go to college, but he provided a way last summer. And this summer, a week before I even got back from school, my current boss texted me about a job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember one time specifically that I was stressing about medical bills. I was at work, closed my eyes, and said “God, I can’t deal with this. I’m giving it to you. I left work and had two places to go before I got home. By the time I opened my mail, I had four checks in my hand totaling a four digit number. That was within two hours of my prayer. I was amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed this today! Isaiah 41:10 is what I'm clinging to right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember a few years ago when my church was having an all week conference. We had a choice of either paying for gas to get to the conference or paying for groceries that week. We chose to go to the conference and to trust in God for out food. We didn't tell anyone about our situation. Our fridge and cabinets were empty. Twice that week we recieved random boxes of food .By the end of that week we had so much the fridge and cabinets were overoverflowing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faith over fear is one of my main bondage areas. I can do often get overwhelmed by the cares of this world that I forget that I personally know the one who Made the world. I feel so silly after worrying about my life plans or circumstances when I remember that He knows how it all is going to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being told I might never be able to have kids and if I did it would be difficult. Those words proved mostly true. Having had four pregnancies with only two beautiful babies to tuck in at night, I learned a lot. I learned about what I can and can’t control. God humbled me and helped build a dependence and faith in Him I wouldn’t have had otherwise.

    ReplyDelete